Friday, December 18, 2015

Well, well.... Since 2014....what has happened?  My Daughter got married! I got married! My studio has been completed for a while. (Well...are these things EVER completed?) My collection of guitars and basses swells. My guitarist and musical soul mate, James Kelly lost his battle with cancer and left a void in my soul, killing the ambitions of our project Invoking Scarlett. My time with him was way too short but in that limited time he awakened a long lost addiction towards musical creativity in me that I had boxed up and stored years ago when my children were born. He was the absolute best guitarist I have ever worked and created with and is irreplaceable in this world. My career in horticulture has seen some rough roads and scary times. I had no idea what EBIDA (Earnings Before Interest, Depreciation, & Amortization.) was until it turned into something ugly that could literally relieve me of my 9 to 5 income. I guess when you take a tree, shrub, and perennial growing and supply company into the 200 million a year in business realm, it becomes a whole different thing and attracts the vultures from all corners to feast on our hard work. Damn sometimes I really hate business!

No comments:

Post a Comment