Sunday, June 12, 2011

Been A Day Or Two

I know I haven't written for a while but things have been busy. Not only with work (yeah I got a "real' job!) but with the band. We have been able to acquire matched recording platforms so now the digital work and ideas can flow more freely! Just a little downtime for James to learn all the nuances of this new system and then we roll. James is a very complex guitarist and overly accomplished in his stylings which places a great challenge at my feet! I have always been a simplistic bassist that could find the bottom end and drive with the drummer. I never grew into that maestro bassist because I always found myself in the spot of being the best vocalist in the groups I was in. Holding down two jobs like that never allowed me to become outstanding in either, but the tenacity of my personality did let me develop into a journeyman musician in both areas. Now I find myself in an envious position with the best guitarist and drummer I have ever had the pleasure of working with. And another vocalist that can sing where I no longer can! So I can actually focus on just bass lines (and with James's song construction I really need all my brain power to sort his complex writings and get then down) I know this process will make me a better bassist, and after all the time off, I need it! (AND am looking forward to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment