Sunday, September 25, 2011

Leave the past to die!

How can one distance ones self from the past when every time you pull up your stats...there is the past looking back?  Maybe I should be a little more humble and gracious knowing that they have such a keen interest in what I'm up to. I do wish them success in their endeavors, & I do wish them well.  I just wish they could also let it go... What they do is unfortunately not what I'm into. I realized that regurgitating the past is not the path to the future. Yes my new band is doing covers also, which is, in fact, regurgitating the past. We have taken great lengths to select works that were in the top of every ones lists from across the past few decades, culling out anything that has been a standard bar tune for most other bands, so as to keep secure our uniqueness. One day soon that will cease, as the material we are developing is new... In style, sound, delivery, and content. We are often asked why it is taking so long?  Well the answer lies n the past... No longer do I have to bow to the misguided exuberance of other band members that want to rush the product to release, just to get it out there. Mistakes and all, with lack of proper oversight and thought about the production, flow,  or mastering process. What we do is now and unequivocally a mutual respect for each other, our uniqueness, and our product. We will take however much time we need to let each work develop and polish before we present it! Professionalism as it should be in today's ever changing world of digital music!   Thanx to all the fans & listeners that have taken the time to listen... I do appreciate each & every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment